Dams Anti algae ProjiNova
ProjiNova is a registered trademark of FiletNova and distributed in the Caribbean by AlgeaNova.
For more than 15 years, the company ProjiNova as main objective to evolve regularly and to adapt its expertise and experience to the constraints on the occasion of each new projects.
• Thanks to its rich experience and qualified staff, ProjiNova society adapts its means and its objectives for each client, from initial design to project management. Department search, composed of engineers and specialists in marine systems dedicate his knowledge do to the total success of the projects.
ProjiNova is a specialist in the industry of algae and marine devices for many years :
• From 2012 to 2015 ProjiNova is actor of the European programme AT ~ SeaTechnologies – www.atsea-project.EU based on the culture of algae. Development of the project is performed in partnership with 3 universities : Ireland, Belgium and Scotland. Experimental fields have been implemented in Norway. The main objective of this company is to commercialize algae turnkey farms. Algae are an important source for our future supply of food and feed (additives), biochemicals and biomaterials, bioenergy. Since 5 years more than 40 people have been involved in the search for the anchoring of marine structures, algae culture and principles of crop.
• In collaboration with our partner Italian Retificio Ribola, www.retificioribola.it, We have designed and developed an anti jellyfish dam. This patented system was developed to protect the beaches. He was unanimously recognized as the most efficient system and used by the most beautiful beaches of the European Riviera.
• In 2015, ProjiNova conducted many trials private dams of algae to prevent the invasion of Sargasso in the Punta Cana region. The result has been efficient and reliable.
For all these reasons AlgeaNova, ProjiNova flliale, is now able to offer a complete offer to hold the Sargasso, collect and manage its reprocessing.
AlgaeNova can offer a unique and comprehensive service:
• supply and install floating dams to prevent the invasion of Sargasso.
• Maintain regular dams.
• Collect and reprocess the Sargasso
1 – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Dam anti algae
Different types of manufacturing are available depending on the strength of the currents and the installation of the dam site.
Weak currents :
• Elements of 18 m, with anchor every 18 m
• 6 m with possibility of anchoring elements
Strong currents :
• Elements of 18 m, with anchor every 6 m
• 6 m with possibility of anchoring elements
Very strong currents :
• Elements of 18 m, anchor in all the 3 m
• 6 m with possibility of anchoring element
Our dams are designed with multi anchorages that can adapt to different types of sea.
Outer blue PVC cloth, with inner Chamber Pure PVC 100% (polyurethane)
Length : 18m or 6 m, NET under float height : 1 meter
View of an element of 6 m with net
Each delivered dam is accompanied by a Kit of repair and start-up
2- MAIN FEATURES OF ANTI-ALGAE PROJINOVA DAMS
ProjiNova created and designs unique floating dams that can be used in the open sea to protect the coast against the arrival of Sargasso.
This device has many advantages :
• Inflatable floating structure with both ease of installation and maintenance by a small team
• Ease of dismantling in case of hurricane.
• Device secured in the event of contact with swimmers or ships
• Quality of materials and certification in compliance with the marine regulations.
• Environmentally friendly anchoring system
3 - ALGEANOVA MEANS FOR INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE AND COLLECTION
• AlgeaNova has a specific and effective single equipment to solve the problem of invasion of Sargassum. We use large barges for both the dams and the harvesting of the Sargasso.
• AlgeaNova offers an installation contract, collection and maintenance and can offer turnkey formulas respectful environmental constraints.
Barge maintenance and collection
Barge designed for collecting and packaging of the Sargasso
4 -OTHER EXAMPLES OF ACHIEVEMENTS BY PROJINOVA :
ProjiNova specialist in marine nets has many references and proven experience in the protection of the beaches :
• Against the invasion of jellyfish
• Dams anti-pollution
|Dams against jellyfish||Systems on the high seas on the European Riviera|
|Dam anti-pollution on a military site||Safe solutions, light, reliable and efficient|
Current situation on dams anti-sargassum already installed :
In the area between Cap Cana and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic 12 different systems have been installed, so far, None of them resisted.
Beach dam installed in December… destroyed in January !
Immediate consequences :
Flight of the foam blocks in the sea
Potential pollution of the marine wildlife (ingestion of particles by turtles, sea birds, etc.)
Pollution of beaches by the disintegration of the dams of modules (foams, PVC, etc.)
Central issues :
• Future reprocessing of the waste generated by the destruction of dams
• Cost of repair (When the State of the dam allows)
• Cost in lost time
Technical conclusions :
• Assembling error of the anchoring system.
• Results : PVC elements and the skirt float to the surface and allow the passage of the Sargasso
• The cost of the repairs reached 40 to 50 % the price per linear metre
DISADVANTAGE OF THE PREVIOUS INSTALLED SYSTEMS
• Passage of Sargasso despite the dam
• Rupture of the modules due to the use of materials and cheap solutions
• Rigidity of mismatched parts to the force of the waves and the current
• Cost of installing high due to the weight of the structure, requiring 8 people for each length of 12 m
• In the event of hurricane no solution developed to put the dam out of water
• If a vessel struck these obstacles, He may recover damages
• A swimmer may injure themselves in the event of big waves
• Storage problem of rigid parts of the dam near coasts
• Negative impact on the natural environment